Web design pricing
"How much does a website cost?" might be one of your first questions, when planning a website. Every customer has different requirements for their website in terms of web design and functionality and therefore you'll find a broad range of prices for websites. I always calculate my prices individually depending on the estimated time required.
Here are a few examples for website pricing:
- Small website, individual web design with about 10 pages of text / pictures, monolingual, Basic SEO (Onsite), responsive, CMS: min. workload 2,5 days
- Website, individual web design with approx. 15 pages of text / pictures, news section, slider, basic contact form, bilingual, basic SEO (onsite), responsive, CMS: min. workload 5 days
- Website with filter function for products, individual web design with approx. 40 pages of text / pictures, news section, slider, contact form, monolingual, Basic SEO (onsite),responsive, CMS: min. workload 7 days
My daily rate is € 500 plus VAT.
The importance of a solid brief
It is not so much the number of pages that determines the price of a website, but the functionality that you want for your website. The effort involved in design and implementation plays a greater role than the pure number of pages.
That's why you should take the time for a solid brief where you can express your aspirations and visions, so that your website meets your very own requirements.
Further costs of a website
Running costs for domain and web hosting
Dependent on your web hosting provider the costs for your domain name and the hosting for your website vary from about € 60,00 plus VAT per year. I would be happy to advise you which provider best suits your website project.
Website maintenance and updates
In order to keep your website up-to-date, it should be updated regularly. A CMS like Contao allows you to update text and images yourself. However, if you don't have the time or inclination, I can take care of regularly updating your website for you at a fixed price - simply, quickly and on demand.
- What do you want to achieve with the website? Do you want to inform, represent, sell or entertain?
- Who will primarily visit your site? Which customers are you addressing?
- What should a website user do, at best, when visiting your website?
- Should an existing website be implemented and the design tweaked (a re-design) or do you need a totally new website?
- Is there a corporate design that needs to be considered?
- Do you already have picture material?
- Do you already have text for your website?
- What features should your website have? What features would your clients like?
- Should the website be responsive i.e. optimised for smartphones and tablets?
- Who will update the site and how often?
- Who will maintain the website?
- Will the website be monolingual or multilingual?